As a Java Software Engineer you will focus on projects that help our customers address their online privacy challenges. You will be responsible for designing and implementing performant and scalable products that help our customers discover their privacy data and assess the relevant risks. Your architectural knowledge and experience will help TRUSTe improve the reliability and efficiency of our core technologies and to design and build TRUSTe’s next generation platforms and web applications. You will use your deep technical experience to work with and mentor other engineers. Your technical judgement and experience will help you to solve complex issues with elegant designs allowing TRUSTe to deliver product on time to meet market demand while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or a related field; and
- 5 – 8 years of experience in the job offered (defined as the occupation of Software, Application or System Engineering).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or a related field; and
- 6 – 10 years of progressive experience in the job offered (defined as the occupation of Java software engineering)
Work experience to include:
- Designing and implementing RESTful Enterprise platforms using JVM software (Java, Scala);
- Design and implementation of code with Java Middleware (e.g. Hibernate, Spring);
- Designing and implementing relational schema in a Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, or equivalent SQL database.
- Use of software engineering best practices
- Design documentation and review
- Code reviews
- Debugging application/system errors on development, QA and production systems;
- Designing testing infrastructures and implementing unit tests using the Junit (or equivalent) framework;
- Technical leadership of an engineering team to build, deploy, and support a reliable, performant and scalable RESTful platform;
- Mentoring junior engineers on design patterns as well as design and implementation best practices (including Agile methodologies).
Preferred but not required:
- Development work on Privacy management systems
- Development work on large web-based multi-tenant enterprise platforms
- Experience with AWS infrastructure, e.g. S3, EC2, database services (RDS)
- Open source contribution