As a Java Software Engineer, you will focus on projects that help our customers address their online privacy challenges. You will be responsible for designing and implementing performant and scalable products that help our customers discover their privacy data and assess the relevant risks. Your architectural knowledge and experience will help TrustArc improve the reliability and efficiency of our core technologies and to design and build TrustArc’s next-generation platforms and web applications. You will use your deep technical experience to work with and mentor other engineers. Your technical judgment and experience will help you to solve complex issues with elegant designs allowing TrustArc to deliver the product on time to meet market demand while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- BS or MS or equivalent in Computer Science, or similar field of study
- 6+ years in positions focusing on development using Java
- Deep expertise in OOP design and implementation
- Hands-on development experience in distributed, microservice-based architecture
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical settings
- Design and implementation of RESTful Java Enterprise platforms, built on Spring (Boot, Cloud, MVC, Dataflow, etc…), or equivalent web framework
- Design and implementation of complex relational database schemas running on PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQLAnywhere, or equivalent
- Use of non-relational databases such as Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience debugging and triaging issues in a distributed system
- Experience in development and maintenance of unit, integration, and end to end test infrastructures
- Experience performing design reviews, code reviews, and writing documentation
- Experience with cloud-based IaaS providers, e.g. AWS
- Experience with containers, and container orchestration tools
- TrustArc simplifies privacy compliance and risk management via an unrivaled combination of powerful technology, deep privacy expertise, and proven methodologies. Our new name, TrustArc, reflects our evolution from a certification company into a global provider of technology-powered products and services. We have over 200 employees, over 1,000 active clients, are backed by leading VC firms, have a fun/vibrant work environment, and a great Toronto location Learn more at www.trustarc.com.