TrustArc is excited to announce that we have expanded our award-winning privacy platform with enhanced data inventory and mapping capabilities to operationalize global compliance and risk management. Data Inventory Hub, a module of the Trustarc platform, revolutionizes the process for creating and managing a centralized data inventory and data flow maps. The solution helps companies understand how customer and employee data is used and where it resides within the business ecosystem so they can manage privacy and compliance risks for the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Brazil LGPD, and other global requirements.
Both GDPR and CCPA requirements compel businesses to rely on a comprehensive data inventory to support risk management, compliance reporting, and data subject access requests (DSAR). A recent IAPP / TrustArc Survey found that the top two planned privacy technology purchases are for data inventory & mapping and data discovery tools – highlighting the growing need for these capabilities.
Data Inventory Hub is a module of the TrustArc Platform and combines privacy expertise developed over thousands of customer engagements with proven technology and integrations with market-leading data discovery tools to provide a streamlined, easy-to-use solution. The solution enables companies to easily identify and inventory data usage, detect and assess high-risk processing, support DSAR / consumer rights requests, generate compliance reports, maintain audit trails, and much more.
Data Inventory Hub Streamlines Core Privacy Management Functions
- Comprehensive Data Inventory: Build and manage a centralized and detailed data inventory of IT systems, third parties (vendors) and company affiliates across the organization.
- Automated Data Flow Mapping: Automatically generate data flow maps that visually identify where employee and customer data resides and how that data moves through the business ecosystem.
- Actionable Dashboard: Access to customizable dashboard with privacy KPIs, regulatory news feed and Privacy Profile regulatory analysis system.
- Compliance Reporting: Create GDPR Article 30 reports and documentation to support CCPA look back and other internal compliance requirements.
- Collaboration Support: Facilitate collaboration with teams across the company, ensuring that cross-departmental knowledge is incorporated into data inventories.
- Integrations: Integrate with internal and external systems to streamline metadata input and use of existing data inventory information to power privacy program processes and controls.
Data Inventory Hub Integrates with Leading Data Discovery Solutions
Data Inventory Hub can integrate with other IT systems, including data discovery solutions, to streamline metadata input and use of existing data inventory information to power privacy program processes and controls.
“When enterprises automate discovery of sensitive information through AI and machine learning—and map data to subjects for risk visibility and planning—they can operationalize the technical capabilities required for comprehensive data privacy governance,” said Jitesh Ghai, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Data Quality, Security and Governance at Informatica. “At Informatica, we enable organizations to respond to data subject requirements, at scale. Our partnership with TrustArc means that our shared customers are able to use Informatica’s Secure@Source to accelerate populating their TrustArc Data Inventory Hub content to meet today’s complex privacy challenges.”
“There’s often a disconnect between the privacy policies and contracts that have been agreed to on paper and what’s happening with the actual data,” said Kristina Bergman, CEO of Integris Software. “Operationalizing GDPR and CCPA, such that compliance is automated, requires applying privacy processes and controls to a diverse set of data repositories. By taking advantage of the TrustArc Data Inventory Hub, Integris Software enables data inventory in an accurate, continuous and scalable way, ensuring that TrustArc knows exactly what’s in your dataset, not just what the metadata implies.”
“The first step in building a compliant privacy program is to develop a comprehensive inventory of data use. We’re excited to be working with TrustArc to help customers tackle this complex challenge — wedding Sherpa’s powerful data discovery to TrustArc’s data inventory and mapping capabilities,.” said – Kevin Ogrodnik, CEO of, Sherpa Software.
Data Inventory Hub is part of the TrustArc Platform which provides capabilities to manage data inventory and mapping, privacy compliance assessments, vendor risk, cookie consent, DSAR / consumer rights requests and much more. For more information, visit: TrustArc Data Inventory Hub