- This event has passed.
IAPP Asia Privacy Forum 2019
July 15, 2019 - July 16, 2019
The Data Protection Landscape in APAC
Orchid Main Ballroom 4206
Mon, 15 July – 11:00 – 12:15
The data protection landscape in the Asia-Pacific region is rapidly maturing compared to just a few years ago. Implementation and enforcement of privacy and data security laws are becoming more rigorous and stringent and enforcement is increasing. Historically, the region has in been seen as less litigious than western countries but this is changing as digital adoption increases and governments become more sensitive to the need to protect personal data and confidential information.
Join this session for a comprehensive overview of privacy and data protection legislation in the region and the latest in enforcement activity. Understand the differences among the laws for key compliance requirements like responding to data subject requests and breach notifications. Hear how organizations are prioritizing their compliance efforts and which privacy accountability mechanisms are considered essential as they are operationalizing compliance.
• Understanding of laws in the region and difference among them
• Map of privacy and data protection laws in the region
• Comparative chart of Data Subject Request obligations
• Paul Breitbarth, Director of Strategic Research and Regulator Outreach, Nymity
• Hiroshi Miyashita, Associate Professor, Faculty of Policy Studies at Chuo University
• Daniel Levison, Investigations and Dispute Resolution Lawyer and Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP