The Global Privacy Manager (GPM) is a privacy subject matter expert and member of the TrustArc Global Privacy Solutions team. The GPM works directly with TrustArc clients on various aspects of their privacy program management, particularly with respect to TrustArc’s privacy-focused technology offerings and internationally-recognized certification standards.
This role is responsible for navigating cutting-edge technology and privacy issues, managing client relationships and the privacy assessment process, facilitating compliance with U.S./global privacy frameworks and best practices through TrustArc’s privacy solutions, and drafting/revising tailored privacy notices that take into account the latest trends in the digital advertising ecosystem, cloud computing, cross-border data transfers, data security and client issues that arise on a day-to-day basis.
In this role you will apply your subject matter expertise to clients across all industries, from Fortune 100 companies to scaling start-ups. You will play an active and engaged role in defining and refining assessment procedures for TrustArc’s core programs. As a GPM you will also collaborate with TrustArc’s engineering, sales, marketing, policy, and product teams to enhance existing services or to define new products as necessary. Most of all, this position requires the ability to rapidly self-educate and the willingness to take the initiative in driving valuable projects.
- Demonstrate and apply privacy subject matter expertise to cross-sector clients
- Project manage certifications and assessments for assigned customer base
- Build strong client relationships by maintaining knowledge of TrustArc solutions and going the extra mile to address each client’s privacy-related concerns
- Foster the growth of TrustArc clients from a revenue and account management perspective
- Maintain knowledge of current events in the legal and compliance spaces as they relate to privacy practices
- Meet defined monthly and quarterly assessment and performance goals
- Collaboration with internal TrustArc departments to resolve customer issues and improve solutions
- Active participation in privacy industry organizations, events and conferences
- Define and implement creative solutions that address client-specific business needs to help them meet TrustArc requirements and manage deadlines
Education Requirements/Work Experience:
- BA/BS required
- CIPP certification strongly preferred
- J.D./Legal experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a privacy-focused role
- EU and North America
- Experience in B2B account management, enterprise client services or comparable role
- Attention to detail & ability to work through complex problems using creative solutions
- Project management skills
- Ability to distill complex issues into easy to understand recommendations that can be conveyed in written & verbal form
- Familiarity with and understanding of major international and domestic privacy laws and regulations. Must understand privacy concepts and terminology as applicable to the private sector.
- Detailed understanding of complex emerging Internet technologies, online tracking and cloud/processor activities
- Familiarity with major CRM systems and experience with project management tools
The personal and professional competencies required for success in the role include:
Service Orientation: Must demonstrate a strong service orientation. This includes promoting internal and external client satisfaction by anticipating needs, responding appropriately to feedback, setting reasonable expectations, following through on commitments, and responding to inquiries with accurate information and outstanding service.
Achieving Results: Holds self and others responsible for goals, outcomes, deadlines and objectives. Sets high standards for work output, attending to every detail and not considering work complete until it complies with standards. Actively seeks and encourages feedback. Solves technical problems in a logical manner. Uses intuition, past experience and a proven, consistent process to approach decision-making.
Communication: Effectively and concisely communicates using all common business channels (e.g. email, telephone, meetings, video calls, screen sharing etc.) Ability to influence and gain commitment across different organizations and functions. Experience communicating and resolving issues across all levels, up to senior leaders.
Teamwork: Works in a positive and constructive manner with other employees inside and outside their own area of responsibility to set and achieve team goals. Actively shares knowledge, experience, and ideas with other team members. Commits to and is accountable for individual and mutual goals when working as a team. Fosters a team spirit at all times.
Leadership: Willingly takes control of professional development. Motivates and guides others within their own sphere of influence to achieve goals. Creates, articulates and ensures common understanding and execution of TrustArc’s vision and strategy. Focuses efforts and makes decisions according to importance and impact.
With over 1,000 customers worldwide, TrustArc has been helping organizations navigate the ever-changing landscape of global laws and regulations by simplifying privacy compliance and risk management. Hence why, TrustArc was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™, Privacy Management Software, Q1 2020. We offer a competitive base salary, great commission package, fun, and collaborative work environment with career growth!