San Francisco, November 1, 2018 – TrustArc, the leading data privacy management company, today announced three new packaged solutions to help businesses meet requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The CCPA solutions include CCPA Assessments, the TrustArc Platform, and consulting services.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The CCPA is set to be the toughest privacy law in the United States. The act broadly expands the rights of consumers and requires businesses within scope to be significantly more transparent about how they collect, use, and disclose personal information. The CCPA was signed on June 28, 2018, is effective January 1, 2020, and enforcement is slated to begin no later than July 1, 2020. The CCPA has many similarities to the GDPR, from its extraterritorial reach to its expansive rights for individuals, and will impact tens of thousands of businesses worldwide that have customers or employees located in California.
TrustArc CCPA Privacy Assessment Solutions
The new solutions provide three options to manage the CCPA compliance process:
TrustArc CCPA Readiness Assessment
- The assessment, managed by an expert TrustArc Consultant, and powered by the TrustArc Privacy Platform, includes a review against CCPA requirements, provides a detailed summary of gaps and remediation recommendations, and a prioritized, step-by-step implementation plan to achieve and maintain compliance.
TrustArc GDPR to CCPA Readiness Assessment
- The assessment follows the same methodology as the CCPA Readiness Assessment and is designed for businesses who have already addressed GDPR requirements, enabling them to leverage existing processes and controls, and address the unique requirements of the CCPA.
TrustArc CCPA Implementation Package
- The CCPA Implementation Package incorporates the TrustArc Platform to manage CCPA compliance requirements. The TrustArc Platform provides end-to-end privacy management through a series of integrated modules designed to address a wide range of privacy requirements, including CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, and other global regulations. The Platform modules include:
- Data Flow Manager – create and manage a data inventory, which is essential to understanding data flows, assessing risk, and managing individual rights
- Assessment Manager – conduct ongoing privacy risk assessments, including PIAs and DPIAs
- Individual Rights Manager – manage data subject rights requests in a timely manner
- Consent Manager – manage cookie consent and marketing consent obligations
- Reporting – create and maintain audit trails and reports to demonstrate compliance
- Managed Services – TrustArc Consultants are also available to help develop and build a comprehensive compliance program, including defining policies, processes, and controls.
Chris Babel, CEO TrustArc commented, “While the GDPR was the primary focus for privacy teams in 2017 and 2018, the CCPA is quickly becoming the top priority as we move toward 2019. Businesses who were not heavily impacted by the GDPR are quickly realizing they need to start building a plan and pursuing budget for the CCPA – and businesses who addressed the GDPR are looking for ways to leverage their investments to also address the CCPA. These solutions will enable us to leverage our extensive experience to address the requirements of the CCPA and help businesses continue to evolve their privacy programs.”
Compliance Reporting and Dashboard
The Data Flow Manager module of the TrustArc Privacy Platform has been enhanced to include a dashboard summarizing key program metrics such as types of records, data classification and record assessment status. The new dashboard makes managing a compliance program easier and is complemented by extensive search and filter capabilities, enabling users to quickly locate important information regarding vendors, IT systems and data use across the company.
For more information on TrustArc CCPA solutions, please visit: https://www.trustarc.com/products/ccpa-privacy-solutions/
TrustArc is the leader in privacy compliance and data protection solutions and offers an unmatched combination of innovative technology, services and TRUSTe certification solutions. TrustArc addresses all phases of privacy program management and has been delivering innovative privacy solutions for two-decades to companies across all industries. The TrustArc platform leverages deep privacy expertise and proven methodologies, which have been continuously enhanced through thousands of customer engagements. Headquartered in San Francisco, and backed by a global team across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, TrustArc helps customers worldwide demonstrate compliance, minimize risk and build trust. For additional information visit www.trustarc.com.
For media inquiries, please contact: