More Than 25 Expert Speakers Revealed From Cisco, General Motors, Toyota, McAfee, Merck & Co., the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Electronics Association and More
San Francisco, April 9, 2015 – With 35% of Americans now owning at least one smart device, the Internet of Things (IoT) is moving closer toward mass adoption and changing our relationship with technology and personal data. As the IoT industry continues to gain momentum, businesses, regulators and consumers are being faced with new challenges from the amount of data collected from the growing number of interconnected devices. Today, TRUSTe has revealed more than 25 initial expert speakers from top organizations, universities, law firms and companies to help tackle these issues in the 2nd annual Internet of Things Privacy Summit on June 17, 2015 at the Rosewood Hotel, Menlo Park, Silicon Valley.
Based on the success and feedback of the first ever IoT Privacy Summit, the second summit will focus on practical solutions to the privacy challenges of the Internet of Things with multiple case studies, workshops and panel presentations. The event brings together everyone involved in the privacy IoT ecosystem from technologists and product engineers to privacy practitioners, regulators, and academics for a full day of discussion, insight and practical takeaways.
TRUSTe Internet of Things Privacy Summit 2015
Wednesday, June 17, 8:00am – 6:00pm
Session topics include:
- How the Automobile Industry Took the Lead in Industry Self-Regulation
- Health Privacy in a Fully Connected World: The Loss of Individual Autonomy or Opportunities for Better Health and Quality of Life?
- Can Self-Regulation Meet Privacy Challenges of IoT?
- Finding a New Paradigm – Consent and Choice for IoT
- Enabling Smart Cities: Planning for Privacy
- Protecting your Home from IoT Bandits
- A Multilayered Approach to Privacy Practice in the Internet of Things
- Rolling Out Your Global IoT product – Practical Considerations to Keep in Mind
The launch speaker line-up includes:
- Justin Brookman, Director, Consumer Privacy, Center for Democracy & Technology
- Hilary Cain, Director, Tech and Innovation Policy, Toyota
- Michelle Dennedy, Chief Privacy Officer, McAfee
- Andrea Glorioso, ICT Coordinator, EU Delegation to the U.S.
- Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist and Technology Evangelist, Greenwave Systems
- Nancy Libin, Partner, Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP; former Chief Privacy and Civil Liberties Officer of the U.S. Department of Justice
- Daniel Obodovski, Co-Author of “The Silent Intelligence: The Internet of Things”
- Jill Phillips, Chief Privacy Officer, General Motors
- Alex Reynolds, Director & Regulatory Counsel, Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
- Gilad L. Rosner, Founder, Internet of Things Privacy Forum & Visiting Researcher, Horizon Digital Economy Research Institute
- Nithan Sannappa, Senior Attorney, Federal Trade Commission
- Hilary Wandall, AVP & Chief Privacy Officer, Merck & Co., Inc.
Tickets are priced at $199 and available here: http://trusteiotprivacysummit15.eventbrite.com/?aff=sm
About the Internet of Things Privacy Summit
The 2nd Annual Internet of Things Privacy Summit provides a forum for privacy experts, policy makers and innovators to define the privacy needs of the new interconnected world and scope out the next generation of solutions. The Summit takes place at the Rosewood Hotel, Menlo Park, Silicon Valley on June 17, 2015. For further details, see http://www.truste.com/iot.
TRUSTe is the leading global Data Privacy Management (DPM) company and powers privacy compliance and trust by enabling businesses to safely collect and use customer data across their customer, employee, and vendor channels. Our SaaS-based DPM Platform gives users control over all phases of data privacy management from conducting assessments and implementing compliance controls to managing ongoing monitoring. Our DPM Services, including assessments and certifications, are delivered by an expert team of privacy professionals. Thousands of companies worldwide rely on TRUSTe to minimize compliance risk and protect their brand.
For media inquiries, please contact: [email protected]