The 2015 Series has so far attracted several thousand attendees and 30+ expert speakers from Comcast, IBM, Kellogg Company, Levi Strauss, McAfee, Merck & Co. Inc., Motorola, Vodafone, and others to address current data privacy management challenges
San Francisco, CA – August 12, 2015 – With data privacy increasingly in the news, companies are now more focused than ever on getting their privacy programs up and running. Yet, many privacy professionals need resources to help them address evolving challenges in the privacy landscape. TRUSTe today announced the fall/winter lineup of their Privacy Insight Series, a set of six live webinars featuring renowned privacy speakers and the newest research and insights into key trends impacting data privacy management in 2015. This fall/winter schedule builds on the success of the series, which debuted in January 2015 with 12 live events.
The Privacy Insight Series fall/winter lineup will feature the following live webinars:
- August 13: How Good Privacy Practices Can Help Prepare for a Data Breach
- September 16: What Does the Proposed EU Regulation Mean for Businesses?
- September 24: Building an Effective Privacy Program – Six Practical Steps
- October 15: Five Top Things the CISO Needs to Know about Data Privacy
- November 12: Practical Vendor Management to Minimize Privacy Compliance Risks
- December 9: Future of US-EU Safe Harbor – Solutions for Cross-Border Data Transfers
The next stage of the series will kick off Thursday, August 13, 2015 with the webinar “How Good Privacy Practices Can Help Prepare for a Data Breach.” This webinar will examine the costs of a data breach occurring, the role of privacy and information governance in preparing for a possible breach and provide a step by step process of building a incident response plan to prepare to ensure that every relevant employee knows what to do in the event of a data breach. This webinar will feature the following speakers:
- Larry Ponemon, Chairman & Founder, Ponemon Institute
- Joanne Furtsch, Director of Product Policy, TRUSTe
- Mary Westberg, Senior Compliance Paralegal, SanDisk Corporation
“As the privacy landscape becomes increasingly complicated, businesses need help to stay on top of the latest laws, regulations and trends to remain compliant,” said Chris Babel, CEO, TRUSTe. “Our Privacy Insight Series makes privacy management education more accessible with free live webinars on the latest topics featuring renowned privacy experts, new research and insights. Companies now have another resource to help them prepare for a data breach, or learn how the new EU Data Protection Regulation could affect their business, in addition to other key issues.”
To view the full schedule of events and to register, visit www.truste.com/insightseries.